Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March break

Most of you will find it hard to believe that we haven't taken many pictures this month. With no pictures to write about I find it hard to blog. It didn't help that we forgot to take our camera along with us to Bancroft during the March Break. So for those of you who are asking, here is how March Break went... I wasted most of the first week being sick with a sinus thing. I got lots and lots of sleep and Bruce looked after the girlies and the household stuff. Yay for Bruce!! I'm so grateful he was off while I was sick!! Next Honey got an ear infection and had to get some antibiotics. Bruce then put in a couple of days at school trying to get ahead on some things for the last term of the year. Likely all the hours he worked over the break would have added up to 4 full school days. Still it was great that he had the time to do it and still get a rest.

On the 14th we headed for Bancroft and some relative fun. Gramma & Grampa were there to welcome us and on Monday Den and Val's family arrived. Just picture 5 little princesses playing around the place and you've got most of the week covered. Our girls had lots of fun playing with their cousins. Now to be honest, not everything was princesses, at least one girl managed to slide through a nice big mud pie on her way down the hill, and Gramma washed a load of muddied snowsuits. The weather was gorgeous, about 12-15 degrees most afternoons so we were able to watch the snow melt off the hill as the week went along. The first afternoon we were able to toboggan but just a few days later that snow was gone. One of the highlights of the week was our trip to the sugar bush. Since we did not have our camera you may want to check out my sister-in-law's blog here http://valerieeaston.blogspot.com/2009/03/visiting-sugar-bush.html I don't think she'd mind a bit.
Or here's our version. We've created a little book for Jam to read. It's mostly in one and 2 vowel words. I didn't worry too much about verb tenses, more about using words she could figure out. :) She's practicing reading it and planning to take it in for show and tell next week to read to her friends. I've blotted out the girls names just to be safe but I'm sure it doesn't affect the story that much. :) Hope you enjoy it.




































There was one other highlight for the girls and that was when Grampa took them to Tim Hortons for chocolate milk and timbits. It was fun looking out the window at the great big mountain and the cross up on top.
Thursday night we returned home for a couple more days of relaxing. Sat. we went to Ikea, just for fun then on to Vaughn Mills mall for a bit.
Sure seems like all that was a long long time ago.
:) Bye for now,

4 comments:

Dennis and Valerie said...

Aww. Those girls sure did have fun! I like your book. Very cute. Maybe I'll see if Squeak wants to read it, too. If I do I'll write what she says here in another comment.

We loved seeing you guys!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU
I'm sorry you didn't have your camera and I wish I'd gotten to stay in Bancroft longer too. Very cute book, can't wait to hear her read it to me :)
B

Sabrina said...

That was awesome!
thanks for sharing

Join Us For Breakfast said...

was squeaky able to read our story?